Public bug reported:

Hi,

I used the 16.04 LTS version of ubuntu, pidgin version 2.10.12 worked
perfectly with purple-facebook plugin in its latest version. But with
the recent update of 18.04 LTS the pidgin was updated to version 2.12.0
making purple-facebook break with the message. "SSL communication error:
b.api.facebook.com". I do not know why this happens but I went back to
version 16.04 LTS and running normally.

I think it may be something related to the certificates that pidgin
carries, since in version 2.12.0 there are no certificates installed.
Please check, I need pidgin for work. Thank you.

P.S. Sorry, I do not speak English. Translated by google translate.

** Affects: pidgin (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to pidgin in Ubuntu.

  error with plugin purple-facebook "error communication ssl"

Status in pidgin package in Ubuntu: