Public bug reported:

I recently installed Lubuntu Next 18.04, which includes LibreOffice 6.

At some point, I noticed that LibreOffice Writer (unlike all my other
programs) does not appear in the panel's Taskbar (where all apps loaded
in that workspace/desktop should be).

All other apps with which I have experience, are listed in the taskbar, and can
be minimized and un-minimized by clicking on the portion of the bar devoted to
that app.
There is an option in the panel settings that would allow me to only have apps
appear in the taskbar when minimized, but I never use that.

LibreOffice apps (I noticed this with Writer, but since tested it with
the other LO apps that were installed with my OS, and the same thing
happens with all) have nothing in the taskbar to show that they have
opened, and when minimized, disappear entirely.

I know that they have not quit when they disappear, in two ways:
1. If I use the OS's menu to bring up LO-W again (thus with an blank document),
and then go to that window's menu->Window, it shows all open LO-W documents,
which can then be brought back by clicking on them.
2.  Lubuntu Next's window manager OpenBox has a keyboard-shortcut Alt-Tab,
which allows one to select from available app windows - and at least one LO
document is listed, from which the others can then be accessed by #1.

I don't know what causes an app to have windows in the taskbar, but that system
is failing with LO windows.
(I guess that I had assumed that the OS took care of managing windows in the
taskbar - having them appear there when opened, and removing them when closed),
but apparently I am wrong, or LO windows would not be able to hide, as they
seem to do...)

I am assuming that this is a new bug, as this did not happen before.
I cannot think that it is a design decision, not to let the user minimize
documents (or simultaneously open multiple documents) without apparently losing
them altogether (at least without jumping through hoops (hoops of which they
might well not be aware...)).

scott@scott-ASUS-M2N68-AM-PLUS:~$ uname -a
Linux scott-ASUS-M2N68-AM-PLUS 4.15.0-20-generic #21-Ubuntu SMP Tue Apr 24
06:16:15 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
scott@scott-ASUS-M2N68-AM-PLUS:~$ lsb_release -dsc
Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
bionic
scott@scott-ASUS-M2N68-AM-PLUS:~$ echo $DESKTOP_SESSION
QLubuntu

scott@scott-ASUS-M2N68-AM-PLUS:~$ apt-cache policy libreoffice-core
libreoffice-core:
  Installed: 1:6.0.3-0ubuntu1
  Candidate: 1:6.0.3-0ubuntu1
  Version table:
 *** 1:6.0.3-0ubuntu1 500
        500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Package: libreoffice-core 1:6.0.3-0ubuntu1
CurrentDesktop: LXQt
Date: Wed May 16 11:22:53 2018
InstallationMedia: Lubuntu-Next 18.04 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Alpha amd64
(20180421)
ProcEnviron:
 TERM=xterm-256color
 PATH=(custom, no user)
 XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
 LANG=en_US.UTF-8
 SHELL=/bin/bash
SourcePackage: libreoffice

** Affects: libreoffice (Ubuntu)

** Tags: amd64 apport-bug bionic

** Attachment added: "Note that the only thing in the bottom panel's Taskbar is
my (hidden) terminal app Sakura."

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1771615/+attachment/5140381/+files/LibreOffice_Not_In_Taskbar.jpg

  LibreOffice Apps do not appear in the panel taskbar

Status in libreoffice package in Ubuntu: