Which desktop environment are you using? Could you get a picture of the
issue? Thanks!

** Changed in: gnome-screensaver (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-screensaver in Ubuntu.

  Screen lock doesn't cover the whole screen

Status in gnome-screensaver package in Ubuntu:

  I noticed a rather alarming bug today.

  Got a Lenovo T470P with dock and two 1440p screens.
  The laptop is 1440p but I chose 1080p as scaling didn't want to play along.

  To reproduce:
  1. Have the laptop unlocked without the dock.
  2. Lock and/or hibernate, close the lid.
  3. Connect to the dock.
  4. Power on the laptop trough dock.
  5. The connected screens to the dock should light up with the login screen,
however.. The secondary screen is only covered about 1/4, guessing the same
scale as 1080p.

  I could open files, browse the web and cause damage trough this
  method.

  It also works if I lock my laptop on the dock, and someone undocks it
  and opens the lid, then does step 2-5 again.

  I saw a "confirmed" bug from 2014, but felt that this needed to be
  brought up, again.

  Running 18.04 LTS
  gnome-screensaver on 3.6.1-ubuntu3

  Package: gnome-screensaver 3.6.1-8ubuntu3
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME