** Changed in: gnome-system-monitor

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-system-monitor in Ubuntu.

  System Monitor graph fades when enlarging window size beyond a certain
  size.

Status in Gnome System Monitor:
  Expired
Status in gnome-system-monitor package in Ubuntu:

  System Monitor graph fades when enlarging window size beyond a certain
  size in Gnome-shell.

  I noticed this issue only with ATI cards and when I am using Gnome3
(Gnome-shell).
  I also noticed that glxgears report (300fps) substantially lower frame rate
per second in gnome-shell as appose to when using unity or gnome classic
(8000fps).

  The best way to understand the problem is to see the screen shot images that
I attach to this bug report.
  If I decrease the System Monitor window to almost the minimum, then the graph
suddenly become good.
  I noticed this problem even when I was using ubuntu 11.10 and now with 12.04.

  I am using catalyst 2.14
  Driver Packaging version: 8.96.7-120312a-135598C-ATI
  2D Driver Version: 8.96.4

  My glxinfo reports:
  OpenGL vendor string: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
  OpenGL renderer string: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
  OpenGL version string: 4.2.11627 Compatibility Profile Context
  OpenGL shading language version string: 4.20

  this is my uname result:
  Asus:~$ uname -a
  Linux Asus 3.2.0-26-generic #41-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jun 14 17:49:24 UTC 2012
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

  $ lsb_release
  LSB Version:
core-2.0-amd64:core-2.0-noarch:core-3.0-amd64:core-3.0-noarch:core-3.1-amd64:core-3.1-noarch:core-3.2-amd64:core-3.2-noarch:core-4.0-amd64:core-4.0-noarch

  $ apt-cache policy gnome-system-monitor
  gnome-system-monitor:
    Installed: 3.4.1-0ubuntu1
    Candidate: 3.4.1-0ubuntu1
    Version table:
   *** 3.4.1-0ubuntu1 0
          500 http://mirror.de.leaseweb.net/ubuntu/ precise/main amd64 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  Let me know if you need any further information.
  Thanks