** Changed in: gedit

Packages, which is subscribed to gedit in Ubuntu.

  gedit doesn't show english phrases containing punctuation marks in
  persian text correctly

Status in gedit:
  Expired
Status in gedit package in Ubuntu:

  As you may know, Persian is a right-to-left language. When I type an
  English phrase containing punctuation marks in a Persian text in
  gedit, what I see on the screen isn't what I expect. For example when
  I type

  \commandname{new}

  within a Persian (right-to-left) text, it is shown as

  {commandname{new\

  This makes reading and editing such texts difficult.

  gedit version: 3.10.4