** Changed in: gnome-shell

  Status for network connections is not displayed properly

Status in GNOME Shell:
Status in gnome-shell package in Debian:

  Hi,

  I am using open connect in Ubuntu 13.10 and Gnome 3.8. Open connect is the
following version:
  libopenconnect2:amd64 5.01-1 amd64 Open client for Cisco AnyConnect VPN -
shared library
  network-manager-openconnect 0.9.8.0-1ubuntu2 amd64 network management
framework (OpenConnect plugin)
  network-manager-openconnect-gnome 0.9.8.0-1ubuntu2 amd64 network management
framework (OpenConnect plugin GNOME GUI)
  openconnect 5.01-1 amd64 Open client for Cisco AnyConnect VPN

  When I connect Cisco AnyConnect the icon which is showing connection
  status is not updated and show the lock. However the connection is
  still marked off in the menu which is shown when icon is clicked.

  When I disconnect, the icon keeps a lock and the item in the menu
  doesn't change.

  When using PPTP VPN connections the icon and menu items are updated
  correctly.

  I am attaching the picture where the lock can be seen as if the
  connection was established and the menu item shows both VPN
  connections to be off.