xserver-xorg now has an apport hook. So in order of ubuntu-bug to work,
it is necessary to have python3-apport installed, per LP: #1730035.
Definitely not a bug.

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.

  Remove python3-apport as dependency of xserver-xorg

Status in xorg package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Distro: Bionic
  Binary Package: xserver-xorg
  Version: 1:7.7+19ubuntu7

  Hello!
  The package xserver-xorg depends on python3-apport. I don't want to use
apport on my systems.
  Can the dependency be removed?

  Also, it doesn't work anyway. That's how I noticed that the package is
  installed:

  root@00debac04ddf:~# foo
  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/bin/foo", line 3, in <module>
      raise Exception
  Exception
  Error in sys.excepthook:
  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apport_python_hook.py", line 145, in
apport_excepthook
      os.O_WRONLY | os.O_CREAT | os.O_EXCL, 0o640), 'wb') as f:
  FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/var/crash/_usr_bin_foo.0.crash'

  Original exception was:
  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/bin/foo", line 3, in <module>
      raise Exception
  Exception

  Thanks
  Jörn Heissler