The update status link in the above comment does not work.  I don't see
an option on this page to update/edit the status.

This seems like an installation issue and not something related to a
package, but if I had to select a package related to this, I would say:

nvidia-driver-390  390.48-0ubuntu3  NVIDIA driver metapackage

I hope that helps and that someone can assign this info to the package
section.

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-nouveau in Ubuntu.

  Upgrade to 18.04 caused wrong graphics driver to be installed

Status in xserver-xorg-video-nouveau package in Ubuntu:

  Upgrading Xubuntu 17.10 to 18.04
  Using Nvidia Quadro K4000 Graphics Card with proprietary driver and dual
screens

  After the upgrade, which went smoothly, only one screen was recognized
  and the system was almost unusable.  The Xorg process was running
  wild, consuming almost all the CPU.  It was difficult to move the
  cursor and all screen updates were incredibly slow.  I suspected the
  graphics driver and saw that the Nvidia driver had been replaced with
  the X.Org Nouveau open source driver.  I checked the available drivers
  with:

  7-> ubuntu-drivers devices
  == /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:03.0/0000:04:00.0 ==
  modalias : pci:v000010DEd000011FAsv000010DEsd0000097Cbc03sc00i00
  vendor   : NVIDIA Corporation
  model    : GK106GL [Quadro K4000]
  driver   : nvidia-driver-390 - distro non-free recommended
  driver   : nvidia-340 - distro non-free
  driver   : xserver-xorg-video-nouveau - distro free builtin

  After reinstalling the proprietary driver with the command:

  8-> sudo apt install nvidia-driver-390

  and rebooting the system, everything was back to normal.

  I have had similar driver replacement problems with past upgrades.
  Why doesn't the upgrade register and reinstall the proper graphics
  driver?  And why is the default driver so abysmal with a standard
  Nvidia card?  This should be fixed in future upgrades.