Hello Petri.
Thanks for submitting this bug and reporting a problem with Wubi and
Thunderbird.

You made this bug report in 2009 regarding Thunderbird and there have
been several versions of ubuntu and Thunderbird since then.

Could you confirm that this is no longer a problem and that we can close
the ticket? Or, if it is still a problem, could you come to Launchpad
and make a comment to that effect?

Thank you again for helping make Ubuntu and Thunderbird better.

Packages, which is subscribed to thunderbird-locales in Ubuntu.

  package thunderbird-locale-fi None [modified: /var/lib/dpkg/info
  /thunderbird-locale-fi.list] failed to install/upgrade: unable to stat
  `./usr/lib/thunderbird/extensions/langpack-
  f...@thunderbird.mozilla.org/uninstall' (which I was about to install):
  Stale NFS file handle

Status in thunderbird-locales package in Ubuntu:

  Wubi installation on NTFS partitions gets broken very easily. Random
  packages gets broken and apt-get is reporting "Stale NFS file handle"
  is misleading as there nothing related to NFS as far I know.

  ProblemType: Package
  Architecture: i386
  Dependencies:

  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 8.10
  ErrorMessage: unable to stat
`./usr/lib/thunderbird/extensions/langpack...@thunderbird.mozilla.org/uninstall'
 (which I was about to install): Stale NFS file handle
  NonfreeKernelModules: ath_hal
  Package: thunderbird-locale-fi None [modified:
/var/lib/dpkg/info/thunderbird-locale-fi.list]
  PackageArchitecture: all
  SourcePackage: thunderbird-locales
  Title: package thunderbird-locale-fi None [modified:
/var/lib/dpkg/info/thunderbird-locale-fi.list] failed to install/upgrade:
unable to stat
`./usr/lib/thunderbird/extensions/langpack...@thunderbird.mozilla.org/uninstall'
 (which I was about to install): Stale NFS file handle
  Uname: Linux 2.6.27-9-generic i686