Hello
Thank you for submitting this bug and reporting a problem with Thunderbird.

You made this bug report in 2010 and there have been several versions of
Thunderbird since then.

Could you confirm that this is no longer a problem and that we can close the
ticket?
Or, if it is still a problem, could you run the following (only once):
apport-collect 504892

and upload the updated logs and and any other logs that are relevant for
this particular issue.

Thank you again for helping make Thunderbird better.

** Changed in: thunderbird (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to thunderbird in Ubuntu.

  smtp address could not be set to the default send address when also a
  imap address exists.

Status in thunderbird package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: thunderbird

  I had got this problem also under windows.

  I am using an imap account and a pop/smtp account with thunderbird.
  The imap address is limited to 100 MB and I've to use it for non private
things.

  I've set the default outpost to the smtp account and this connection does
work with the unsecure message warning.
  If I am writing an reply or a forward message from the local folder (pop3,
smtp) the email is sent with the right smtp account per default.

  If I am writing a new email in the same local folder or use a system send to
link (from nautilus) to send an email it does send the email per default with
the wrong imap account.
  I do not like this behaviour at all because there is an high possibility to
forget setting to send with the smtp account.
  So it could make troubles (eg. my 100 MB limit) and it is hard to make a
conversation general only with one email account.

  Please could someone fix this issue, thanks!
  Alexander

  ProblemType: Bug
  Architecture: i386
  CheckboxSubmission: 42eb6f379f82d22ed9e7e6234556b01e
  CheckboxSystem: d00f84de8a555815fa1c4660280da308