[Expired for gnome-control-center (Ubuntu) because there has been no
activity for 60 days.]

** Changed in: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu)

  System Settings cannot be closed or navigated through

Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  This started as I tried to update my password using the "Security &
  Privacy" screen from "System Settings". As I clicked on "change
  password" (don't remember the precise wording and cannot navigate to
  it now) and expected to be taken to a password change screen, I was
  instead taken back to the top-level "System Settings" view. Now when I
  try to navigate to settings sub-views (e.g. "Appearance", "Brightness
  & Lock" etc., I get a view flicker, but am not taken to the requested
  view).

  Moreover, I can't seem to be able to close the "System Settings" view
  now. When I click "x", it disappears, but a new one opens up in its
  place.

  More details:
  elvijs@cube:~$ lsb_release -rd
  Release:      14.04

  elvijs@cube:~$ apt-cache policy gnome-control-center
  gnome-control-center:
    Installed: 1:3.6.3-0ubuntu56.1
    Candidate: 1:3.6.3-0ubuntu56.1
    Version table:
   *** 1:3.6.3-0ubuntu56.1 0
          500 http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty-updates/main amd64
Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
       1:3.6.3-0ubuntu56 0
          500 http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/main amd64 Packages

  Package: gnome-control-center 1:3.6.3-0ubuntu56.1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.19.0-66.74~14.04.1-generic 3.19.8-ckt22
  Uname: Linux 3.19.0-66-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3.21
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: Unity