Closed per reporter’s feedback.

** Changed in: gnome-session (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-session in Ubuntu.

  Gnome-session crashed by various applications

Status in gnome-session package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: gnome-session

  Since I upgraded to Ubuntu 11.04 a couple of weeks ago my gnome-session
crashed several times when I was starting some application or opening a new
window. At first I was not sure whether it wasn't always related to Mozilla
Thunderbird but today my session crashed when I double-clicked a PDF file in
Nautilus, expecting it to open in Evince. It is like in bug #282939 where
Gnusound propagates a signal to the whole process group, which includes the
running gnome-session.
  The effect is, ofcourse, that the session ends and the log-in mask is
presented.
  Could it be that the X11 server generates (and propagates) such a signal on
creation of a new window? Only I see that the X server, which is up even before
log-in, is not running under the same process group as my gnome-session.
  I suppose the killing of the session prevents any attempts to gather useful
data about the crash. Log files show nothing suspicious (to me), except maybe
this in .xsession-errors:

  (process:3099): DEBUG: desktop-launch-listener.vala:118: ran with uri:
  file:/... <the PDF file I was trying to open>