Hello Bart,
Thank you for submitting this bug and reporting a problem with the gvfs package.

You made this bug report in 2011 and there have been several versions of
Ubuntu since then.

Could you confirm that this is no longer a problem and that we can close the
ticket?
Or, if it is still a problem, could you run the following (only once):
apport-collect 805204

and upload the updated logs and and any other logs that are relevant for
this particular issue.

Thank you again for helping make Ubuntu better.

** Changed in: gvfs (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gvfs in Ubuntu.

  smb:NAS correct, terminal with NAS shows empty NAS

Status in gvfs package in Ubuntu:

  I'm not sure whether this is a gvfs problem, maybe already solved or a
  duplicate...

  Release:      11

  Expected: Show my e-mails, stored on a NAS.
  Instead: All e-mails gone from last 10 years. Most directories are gone on
the NAS.

  After inspection I found;
  - terminal shows that most directories on my NAS are gone.
  - Nautilus shows all directories on my NAS without issue.
  - If I mount the NAS in /etc/fstab.. then all directories are visible again..
pffffewww.. so i quickly made some backup. However, fstab is only 4MB/sec and
.gvfs is 15MByte/sec. so I prefer gvfs.
  - Last program I started with thunderbird on a laptop. The the battery of the
laptop was empty. Now, only the MAIL directory on the NAS is working, all other
directories are dissappeared, but some were read-only and they are gone also.
  - Can run .gvfs and /fstab at the same time. then the mount point in fstab
shows all directories and all files... but the .gvfs/drive shows only one
directory (mail) and a few files inside. Probably those were the last files
touched before I got problems with gvfs.

  For the moment I go back for /etc/fstab, although it is much slower.  NO DATA
IS LOST WITH FSTAB, but .GVFS most data is lost!

  gvfs:
    Geïnstalleerd: 1.8.0-0ubuntu2
    Kandidaat:     1.8.0-0ubuntu2
    Versietabel: