@Gerhard Ortner

Yes, that is the solution for me, too. It was kind of a lucky find when
this worked for me. Also, I added a comment in the Softwarecenter for
users who might have the same issue.

Packages, which is subscribed to rhythmbox in Ubuntu.

  Rhythmbox crashes after starting it (Ubuntu MATE 17.04)

Status in rhythmbox package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  After starting Rhythmbox the first time after fresh installing Ubuntu
  MATE 17.04, Rhythmbox searches for new files. The next time i start
  it, Rhythmbox crashes after less than 5 seconds. Rhythmbox is not
  usable anymore.

  You can see the attached screenshot for more details.

  EDIT 13.05.2017: When i start Rhythmbox i a terminal, this is the
  result:

  (rhythmbox:5566): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_box_pack: assertion
'_gtk_widget_get_parent (child) == NULL' failed

  (rhythmbox:5566): Gtk-WARNING **: actionhelper: action app.play-repeat
  can't be activated due to parameter type mismatch (parameter type
  NULL, target type b)

  (rhythmbox:5566): Gtk-WARNING **: actionhelper: action app.play-
  shuffle can't be activated due to parameter type mismatch (parameter
  type NULL, target type b)

  (rhythmbox:5566): Rhythmbox-WARNING **: Unable to grab media player
  keys: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
  org.gnome.SettingsDaemon was not provided by any .service files

  (rhythmbox:5566): Gtk-WARNING **: Allocating size to GtkButton
  0x5620febf7c00 without calling
  gtk_widget_get_preferred_width/height(). How does the code know the
  size to allocate?

  (rhythmbox:5566): Gtk-WARNING **: Allocating size to GtkButton
  0x5620fec6f880 without calling
  gtk_widget_get_preferred_width/height(). How does the code know the
  size to allocate?

  (rhythmbox:5566): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_tree_view_update_button_position:
assertion 'column_el != NULL' failed
  Speicherzugriffsfehler (Speicherabzug geschrieben)