Hello Simone,
Thank you for submitting this bug and reporting a problem with Evolution.  You
made this bug report some time ago and Ubuntu and Evolution have been updated
since then.

Could you confirm that this is no longer a problem and that we can close the
ticket?
If it is still a problem, are you still interested in finding a solution to
this bug?
If you are, could you let us know and, run the following (only once):
apport-collect 1696618
and upload the updated logs and and any other logs that are relevant for this
particular issue.

Thank you again for helping make Ubuntu and Evolution better.

** Changed in: evolution (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to evolution in Ubuntu.

  Certain emails are not loaded properly via IMAP+

Status in evolution package in Ubuntu:

  I'm pretty sure this is a bug, as it is not documented nor reported by
  anyone else before.

  1)
  simone@simone-ThinkPad-T540p:~$ lsb_release -rd
  Release:      16.04

  2)
  simone@simone-ThinkPad-T540p:~$ apt-cache policy evolution
  evolution:
    Installed: 3.18.5.2-0ubuntu3.2
    Candidate: 3.18.5.2-0ubuntu3.2
    Version table:
   *** 3.18.5.2-0ubuntu3.2 500
          500 http://ftp.sjtu.edu.cn/ubuntu xenial-updates/universe amd64
Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
       3.18.5.2-0ubuntu1 500
          500 http://ftp.sjtu.edu.cn/ubuntu xenial/universe amd64 Packages

  3)
  This bug is ***serious, as it scares people away from Evolution. I have setup
my main email account as IMAP+. Most of the email are downloaded correctly, but
some of them are not. From the message source, it seems that is a MULTIPART
message, and not all parts are loaded. When the problem happens, all headers
are not displayed when previewing the mail, but somehow the "From" in the list
is correct. To view the email, I have to use my phone (K9 Mail) or Thunderbird.
I am really wanting to switch to Evolution because I think is an overall
better, more performing and more integrated program, but this stupid bug is
causing me to think it over.

  4)
  I expect to see the message when I click it... not empty

  If you need any further info, like the complete exact message source
  code, I **can** provide it (nothing secret in there).