EarlRodd, we are sorry that we do not always have the capacity to look
at all reported bugs in a timely manner.

Further to your comments in #6 and due to the fact the the bug was not
looked at by a developer we're closing this report by marking as
"Invalid".

Thank you again for helping make Ubuntu better.

Paul White
[Ubuntu Bug Squad]

** Changed in: firefox (Ubuntu)

  Firefox 12 on Lucid - headers/footers don't print.

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Firefox: 12.0
  Note: This problem has existed since Firefox 3.  Ubuntu Lucid 10.04 2.6.32-41

  When I print from Firefox, the headers/footers do not print. This happens on
any printer. I checked the margins
  using about:config and it shows top and bottom margins of .5 inch.

  In Firefox, if  I "print to file" and create a PDF, and view the PDF, sure
enough, the header/footer are clear at the top/bottom so when I print, they
don't
  print since the printer does not print clear to the edges.

  In Firefox 3 a few months ago (when margins were in the preferences, not just
about.config), I messed with them, but
  while I could cause some things to move, I could not achieve the desired
effect which is to print like I have been used to
  for years with the header/footer just below/above the top/bottom margin and
the content inside that a bit.