Forgive me, Monochromec,
I am just trying to clear up the old tickets. I just started triaging bugs two
weeks ago.

With the older tickets, we put the status to "Incomplete" since people's
email addresses may have changed. Incomplete status automatically closes
the ticket after 60 days of inactivity.

Is this still a problem in the latest Firefox version or can we close
this ticket?

Again, sorry that this ticket did not get addressed.

Take care

  Firefox loader hardening

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:

  If the ld cache configuration is wrong, the correct shared objects
  contained in the package are never found or wrong versions being
  picked up.

  Example:

  libnss3 is defined by a quite a few packages including Thunderbird, libnss3
and Firefox.
  Depending on the particular linker cache config, the wrong version may be
picked up.

  Mitigation: enhance /usr/bin/firefox to explicitely include the
  correct path of its shared objects in the loader path (cf. attached
  patch).