The lock GUI is provided by 'gnome-shell'

** Also affects: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: gnome-screensaver (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: gnome-screensaver (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-screensaver in Ubuntu.

  Password visible at login screen

Status in gnome-screensaver package in Ubuntu:

  We have a shared computer (2 user accounts) and I was surprised to
  find after screen lock that my password was visible when entering it
  to log back in.

  * Ubuntu 18.04 LTS / 18.04
  * gdm 3.28.2-0ubuntu1.2 (I don't seem to have any packages matching
screensaver, so GDM?)

  I expected: to see masked characters when entering my password

  I saw: my password visible on screen!

  I was not able to repeat the issue after a reboot.

  Checking "security" because that way security team gets to decide if
  this is really a vulnerability - sorry if that's turning the volume up
  a bit high, I won't be offended if you make it public straight away,
  but I'd rather you had the option than that I got it wrong.