Hello Barna
Thank you for submitting this bug and reporting a problem with cups.  You made
this bug report some time ago and Ubuntu and cups have been updated since then.

Could you confirm that this is no longer a problem and that we can close the
ticket?
If it is still a problem, are you still interested in finding a solution to
this bug?
If you are, could you let us know and, in the current version, could you run
the following (only once):
apport-collect 487681
and upload the updated logs and and any other logs that are relevant for this
particular issue.

Thank you again for helping make Ubuntu and cups better.

** Changed in: cups (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to cups in Ubuntu.

  cups builtin filters produce cropped printouts

Status in cups package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: cups

  Printing an A4 portrait PostScript document from the command line (lpr
  document.ps) produces cropped printout: the top of the page is
  cropped. When converting this to PDF format using ghostscript, and
  printing via lpr, the printout is correct.

  A related problem might be: setting 10mm page margins in openoffice I
  get the warning that this is outside of the printable region. The
  printed document is cropped at the top, but not on the other 3 sides.
  If I export the document to PDF, and print it from the command line
  via lpr, the printout is correct, not cropped.

  The used printer is a Xerox Phaser 8560 Foomatic/Postscript
  (recommended)

  Release:        9.10
  cups, cups-client, cups-common:  1.4.1-5ubuntu2.1
  foomatic-db: 20090825-0ubuntu4
  foomatic-filters: 4.0.3-0ubuntu2
  ghostscript-cups: 8.70.dsfg.1-0ubuntu3

  (latest versions as of today, 24.11.2009)