** Changed in: metacity

Packages, which is subscribed to metacity in Ubuntu.

  Gnome doesn't focus after app operation an already open app

Status in Metacity:
  Fix Released
Status in metacity package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: metacity

  If I open a link in mail program. im or something like that and
  Firefox is not running it is started and gets a focus but if Firefox
  is already running the link gets loaded in Firefox but the mail
  program still has the focus so you think nothing happens. The most
  annoying problem is that Firefox opens for some operation like
  downloads a new window. If you change back to main Firefox and click
  another download which appears in the opened popup you have to change
  manually to it. But this is not only Firefox specific since it doesn't
  happen in KDE or Windows afaik. Same happens with Totem and I guess
  many more appliations which allow only one instance.

  If someones want to check it.
  1. Open Nautilus and make it full screen.
  2. Open a video in Totem.
  3. Change back to Nautilus.
  4. Start another video with Totem.
  => Totem plays the new video but doesn't get focused.

  Same happens with Evolution. If it is already running and you start it
  again another instance is started but it gets not focused. This
  doesn't happen if no Evolution is running.

  It is very likely that people click several times on a file until they
  realize.