Hello Unggnu,
Thank you for submitting this bug and reporting a problem with hplip.  You made
this bug report some time ago and Ubuntu and hplip have been updated since
then.

Could you confirm that this is no longer a problem and that we can close the
ticket?
If it is still a problem, are you still interested in finding a solution to
this bug?
If you are, could you let us know and, in the current version, could you run
the following (only once):
apport-collect 356867
and upload the updated logs and and any other logs that are relevant for this
particular issue.

Thank you again for helping make Ubuntu and hplip better.

** Changed in: hplip (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: hplip

Packages, which is subscribed to hplip in Ubuntu.

  HPLIP Toolbox print settings have no influence on cups

Status in HPLIP:
  Incomplete
Status in hplip package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: hplip

  If I change e.g. the paper size from letter to A4 in HPLIP Toolbox it has no
influence on the Cups setting. I have to manually also change this with one of
the gnome printer configuration tools. This happens even for the quality
settings and I guess all others too.
  This bug happens in Jaunty and at least until Breezy in all other Ubuntu
versions.

  Btw. why doesn't hplip toolbox or the cups configuration tool change the
global paper variable too. According to the Apport attachments my default paper
size is still letter while I have set A4 in the printer configurations.
  I guess this variables are the reason why some programs (e.g. Evolution or
Document Viewer) print many pages cropped.

  CupsErrorLog:

  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.04
  Lpstat:
   device for Photosmart_3300: hp:/net/Photosmart_3300_series?ip=10.0.0.251
   device for Photosmart_3300_fax:
hpfax:/net/Photosmart_3300_series?ip=10.0.0.251
  MachineType: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. EP45-DS3L
  Package: hplip-gui 3.9.2-3ubuntu3
  PackageArchitecture: all
  Papersize: letter
  PpdFiles:
   Photosmart_3300_fax: HP Fax
   Photosmart_3300: HP Photosmart 3300 Series hpijs, hpijs 3.9.2
  ProcCmdLine: root=/dev/mapper/root ro quiet splash
  ProcEnviron:
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.28-11.40-generic
  SourcePackage: hplip