Public bug reported:

(This might be a bug with the Ubuntu theme -- not sure.)

Gnome Terminal scrollbars appear to be 1 pixel too close to the edge of
the window. It may be that they are in the right place, but should
somehow be rendered "under" the black border of the window, or maybe
they need to be moved "inboard" by 1 pixel in both x and y dimension.
See attached screenshot.

I'm using the plain Gnome session on Ubuntu 18.04, up to date as of this
morning.

** Affects: gnome-terminal (Ubuntu)

** Attachment added: "Screenshot from 2018-09-07 14-32-57.png"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1791354/+attachment/5186139/+files/Screenshot%20from%202018-09-07%2014-32-57.png

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-terminal in Ubuntu.

  gnome-terminal scrollbars "hang outside" the window by 1 pixel

Status in gnome-terminal package in Ubuntu: