Thanks for the update, Tomas. I will close this particular report now. If you
wanted to submit another bug report on the "5 minute" issue, that would be fine.
Have a great day!
:)

Closed per reporter’s feedback.

** Changed in: system-config-printer (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to system-config-printer in Ubuntu.

  Held jobs should release automatically if selected printer is
  connected after attempting to print from an application

Status in system-config-printer package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  How to reproduce:
  1. Unplug your printer.
  2. Try to print a page on this printer.
  3. Plug in said printer.

  What one expects:
  1. The printer starts printing.

  What happens:
  1. Well, nothing. The job in question is "held" and must be released (via a
toolbar).

  What is the use case:
  Using a laptop with a printer. Often, that means the printer is connected
only if the user wants to print something. Often, the user remembers to connect
the printer only after sending something to print. (well, what actually happens
to me is that I turn on the printer but forget to connect the cable - about 70%
of cases. I know I am stupid but the computer should be smarter, right?)