Next, please:

1. Reboot.

2. Plug in the external monitor and reproduce the problem again.

3. Collect the full system log by running:
     journalctl -b > journal.txt
   and attach the file 'journal.txt' here.

Packages, which is subscribed to mutter in Ubuntu.

  Problem with dual monitors

Status in mutter package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete
Status in xorg-server package in Ubuntu:

  Machine: HP 6735s with Mobile IntelĀ® GM45 Express Chipset
  O.S. 64bit Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS
  Gnome 3.28.2

  I usually used an external monitor in Ubuntu 16.04 without any problem but
I've formatted and maked a clean install of Ubuntu 18.04. It works ok when
integrated monitor or external monitor are alone. If try to extend desktop to
both monitors, then integrated display go black and only a blinking mouse arrow
appears on it. External display is in closed loop trying to start, powering
on/off the backlight, like system were trying to send image but crashing. When
moving the mouse, arrow didn't go out of the integrated monitor. When I
disconnect the external monitor, then image come back to the integrated monitor
after some time. I've tried to edit "/etc/gdm3/custom.conf" to disable wayland
and use xorg, but it's still the same. I don't know where the problem came
from... gnome, intel drivers, graphic server...
  ---
  ProblemType: Bug
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.4
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  DisplayManager: gdm3
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64
(20180725)
  Package: xorg-server
  PackageArchitecture: amd64
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=es_ES.UTF-8
  Tags:  bionic
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin plugdev sambashare sudo
  _MarkForUpload: True