Doh! I need to learn to type better! Corrected spelling and it's now
firing up ubuntu-bug

  Nautilus not generating image thumbnails

Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:

  Ubuntu 18.04.1
  nautilus-1:3.26.4-0

  When going to a directory with images those images that were there
  before I updated to 18.04 still display thumbnails.

  Any new images placed in to the directory don't display thumbnails.

  Any images, new or old, that are edited and saved back don't display
  thumbnails.

  Edit any existing image which does have a thumbnail and the thumbnail
  will disappear.

  The same happens on the Desktop which I believe also uses Nautilus to
  render.

  I'll attach a screenshot