The cursor is tiny on my hidpi screen when using the snap version of
inkscape. This is on Fedora 29/Wayland. It's the first snap I ever
installed so i don't know whether it is reproducible with other snap
apps.

  Mouse cursor is tiny on HiDPI screens

Status in mutter package in Ubuntu:

  I am on Artful and have switched to GNOME as GNOME is the default
  desktop now and Unity shows some instabilities.

  I am using a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon (2nd gen.) notebook with
  14-inch QHD (2560x1440) display, so I am well over the good old 72-dpi
  CRT resolution.

  With some effort I have at least got a somewhat useful scaling of the
  GUI elements (esp. text size), mainly by getting into Unity7, getting
  into the Display Settings there, removing my ~1.5 scaling factor,
  returning to GNOME, installing the advanced settings manager (gnome-
  tweak-tool or so) and setting a scaling factor of ~2). Large text in
  accessibilty does not work for me as it makes the text huge.

  Now the mouse cursor does no bother on all these changes. It stays
  always in its 72-dpi hard-coded size which is really tiny under GNOME
  on my QHD screen. It gets easily totally invisible for me, especially
  on text fields where it gets a skinny vertical bar.

  Therefore there are two fixes needed:

  1. Mouse cursor needs to scale with scale factor for the desktop, so
  that it is in a good size relation with the rest of the desktop.
  Please take this into account for fractional scaling efforts.

  2. Even a standard-sized mouse cursor can be too small for people with
  vision problems, so the accessibility options need a possibility to
  apply a (fractional) adjustable scaling factor to the mouse cursor's
  standard size.

  Please take these changes into account ASAP, ideally on 17.10 at the
  latest. Please consider backporting upstream fixes for achieving this
  goal.