[Expired for firefox (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60
days.]

** Changed in: firefox (Ubuntu)

  Firefox will not start - it turns grey

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: firefox

  Firefox will not start - it turns grey.

  Using: Ubuntu 10.10, Dell Inspiron 1525.
  This is my scenario:
  1. I have Firefox open.
  2. Shutdown Ubuntu (without exiting FF)
  3. Start Ubuntu.
  4. Start FF.
  5. --> FF is grey after 4-5 seconds.

  I have had this problem for about a week when I installed an update on Ubuntu
10.4.
  When restarting Ubuntu I got the error message in 10.4 that Firefox-bin is
running.

  Workaround:
  1. In Home/.mozilla/firefox/123..default there are two files "Lock" and
".parents" delete these and restart Ubuntu.
  2. Reinstall Firefox.
  3. Restart Ubuntu.
  4. ---> Firefox works again.