[Expired for firefox (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60
days.]

** Changed in: firefox (Ubuntu)

  TLS problem when using Firefox to open secure YouTube page

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  Hello,

  I am using Ubuntu 14.04 with the default Firefox 29.0 browser. This
  used to work fine for me in Ubuntu 12.04 but since I upgraded to
  Ubuntu 14.04 I am getting this problem that whenever I try to open the
  page https://www.youtube.com/ (note that this is https), Firefox
  displays some "looking up" or "contacting" message at the bottom of
  the screen for an instant and then everything just goes blank. Even
  the address bar no longer contains the address which I had entered
  (i.e. https://www.youtube.com/).

  I then tried installing the Chromium web browser and the behaviour was
  identical in Chromium too. I then installed the "links" browser and
  tried to open the secure YouTube site in the terminal and "links" was
  able to successfully open the site and display the text on the page.

  Everything else works fine in Firefox, I am able to open other sites
  including secure pages like https://en.wikipedia.org/. It is only
  YouTube which is causing this problem.

  Update: I have found a workaround for this problem. I compared the
  Wireshark log of packets between my Windows and Ubuntu systems and
  noticed that the Windows Firefox was using TLS 1.0 and the Ubuntu one
  was using TLS 1.2. On Ubuntu, the YouTube server successfully
  completed the TLS 1.2 handshake but sent an RST right after the
  handshake when my machine tried to send it some "application data". So
  I went into Firefox's "about:config" and set
  "security.tls.version.max" to 0 (default was 3). This resolved the
  problem although I think it's not a proper fix. Either something is
  wrong with Ubuntu's TLS 1.2 support or with the YouTube server.