Thanks for closing the ticket, Jeffrey.
Have a great day!
:)

Packages, which is subscribed to hplip in Ubuntu.

  Segfault cycling SANE handle

Status in HPLIP:
  Incomplete
Status in hplip package in Ubuntu:

  The ADF on my HP Deskjet 8500 only ejects the last page if the SANE
  handle is closed, so I have to cycle it as part of the scan process.
  This works once, but the second time, HPLIP segfaults.

  The attached example c code demonstrates the problem. Compile with:

  gcc hplip_segfault.c -o hplip_segfault -lsane

  Then run with:

  ./hplip_segfault <device name> <number of cycles>