** Tags added: snap

Packages, which is subscribed to evince in Ubuntu.

  evince from snap doesn't save position in pdf document

Status in evince package in Ubuntu:

  I've installed evince 3.30.0 (46) via "sudo snap install evince" on
  Ubuntu 18.04. Every time I'm running evince and opening pdf document,
  it opens the document on the first page, though I closed the document
  on the different page.

  I can't reproduce that issue with evince installed via apt, so I think
  this is a snap-specific issue.

  Also, every time I'm opening the document, evince prints the error:
  Error registering document:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
org.gnome.evince.Daemon was not provided by any .service files