sabine, you are not using a software package provided by the official Ubuntu
repositories (external font files from languagegeek.com). Because of this the
Ubuntu project can not support or fix your particular bug.
Your welcome to remove the external fonts, install the ttf-lg-aboriginal
package provided by the Ubuntu repositories, which includes Secwepemctsin, and
try to reproduce the problem. If reproducible please create a new bug via the
Terminal:
ubuntu-bug libreoffice-writer
If you insist on using external font files, your welcome to send this to the
developers of the software by following the instructions at
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport .

If you are interested in learning more about software repositories and
Ubuntu the following pages should be informative:

1. http://www.ubuntu.com/project/about-ubuntu/components - information about
Ubuntu repositories
2. https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Repositories - information regarding
managing repositories

** Changed in: libreoffice (Ubuntu)

  scrambled words in LibreOffice

Status in “libreoffice” package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  I am running Kubuntu (switched from Ubuntu 11.10). I am preparing
  school-work and learning-materials in Libre-Office (formerly
  OpenOffice.org). I have countless hours and years of material.

  Lately certain special characters, which I have to use for the
  aboriginal language I am writing in, appear to scramble my words, and
  they become unreadable and documents are unusable.

  I do NOT know WHAT is causing this or which program is causing this,
  but it happens in LibreOffice documents (writer).

  HELP, PLEASE!!!

  I need to get this fixed in order to NOT loose a lifetime of
  documents.

  I am NOT a computer expert, so I do not know what else to do., or even
  how this is properly reported.

  THANK YOU in advance!
  ---
  ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu4
  Architecture: i386
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 11.10
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS "Lucid Lynx" - Release i386 (20100816.1)
  NonfreeKernelModules: fglrx
  Package: libreoffice 1:3.4.4-0ubuntu1
  PackageArchitecture: i386
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.0.0-13.22-generic-pae 3.0.6
  Tags:  oneiric
  Uname: Linux 3.0.0-13-generic-pae i686
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to oneiric on 2011-10-17 (52 days ago)
  UserGroups: adm admin audio cdrom dialout fax lp lpadmin netdev nopasswdlogin
plugdev sambashare