[Expired for cups (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60
days.]

** Changed in: cups (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to cups in Ubuntu.

  how to install Brother MFC-7340 printer/scanner/fax AND where to find
  Ubuntu operating system information on my computer

Status in cups package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  I need step-by-step and detailed instructions on how to install my
  Brother MFC-7340 printer/scanner/fax machine onto my computer, which
  is running Ubuntu 12.04 something, something LTS operating system.  I
  believe the Ubuntu version that is running on my computer is a "deb"
  type and not an "rpm," which appears to make a difference to Brother,
  Incorporated. How can I determine definitively the O/S on my computer?
  More importantly and as already mentioned, I need to know how-that is,
  what steps and what line code(s) to type into the terminal box on my
  computer to install the aforementioned Brother MFC-7340
  printer/scanner/fax.  As an aside, when I click on either the
  'network' or 'computer' drop down box, I do not see my Brother
  MFC-7340 printer/scanner/fax listed anywhere on that drop down box,
  even though I have, in the past, used this same network map to
  identify and to connect my Ubuntu O/S to my mobile device that I had,
  in the past, connected to my computer running the Ubuntu O/S via a USB
  cable.  Also, the aforementioned printer will not be connected to the
  same USB port as the mobile device(s) at any time(s).