Thanks for pointing to this report, Timur.
In bug 101818 Marco brought up MS's variant of this (see sketch at [1]), and I
argued for having a novice/expert view of the dialog, one would be
straightforward and convenient to use even for new users, and the other would
show all the choices the Paste Special dialog currently has (wording should
still be improved there of course).

[1] https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/attachment.cgi?id=127096

  [upstream] Improve the wording of "Paste Special" options

Status in LibreOffice:
  Fix Released
Status in libreoffice package in Ubuntu:

  When I copy a group of cells in Calc and then I choose "Paste Special" from
the toolbar in either Calc or Writer, I get these terms that a normal user may
not understand.
  In Calc: GDI metafile, PNG Bitmap, Bitmap, calc8, DDE link, DIF
  In Writer: the same as in Calc