Also, fix committed in mutter 3.28.4 already. Just waiting for a release
:)

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutter/commit/2ad5a39b

** Tags added: fixed-in-3.28.4

Packages, which is subscribed to mutter in Ubuntu.

  Typing a long password in to the polkit dialog causes the dots to
  overflow the input field

Status in mutter package in Ubuntu:

  On Bionic when I am prompted to enter my password via polkit I can
  type a lot of characters in to the input field, above 24 characters
  the dots hiding the actual characters overflows the input field.

  I can reproduced this by:

  Logging out of snapd (snap logout)
  snap refresh <some snap I have installed>  (note, not sudo)
  polkit prompt appears
  type > 25 chars
  notice the overflow