[Expired for system-config-printer (Ubuntu) because there has been no
activity for 60 days.]

** Changed in: system-config-printer (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to system-config-printer in Ubuntu.

  URI for JetDirect Works with XSane in 1.05(Intrepid) doesn't work in
  1.1.12(Karmic)

Status in system-config-printer package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: system-config-printer

  When I install my HP multi-function OfficeJet 7310 under Intrepid/8.10 with
system-install-printer 1.0.5, the URI used for the printer is:
    hp:/net/Officejet_7300_series?ip=THEPRINTER'SIPADDR

  When I install the same printer under Karmic/9.10 with system-install-printer
1.1.12, the URI used for the printer is:
    socket://THEPRINTERNAME:9100

  Both of these URI's work from the point of view of printing.  But, the
  new socket-based URI does not work with XSane.  So, XSane does not
  recognize the mult-function printer as capable of scanning with the
  use of the socket-based URI.

  There may be reasons for this change of which I am not aware.  But,
  for me, it meant that I had to dig into the config of the printer to
  try to figure out why things "just worked" in Intrepid(which is
  marvelous) and now, under Karmic, they don't.  I was lucky enough to
  recognize the difference in the config and try the "hp" URI on Karmic.
  A printer expert I am certainly not.

  With a change to the "hp-based" URI, all is now working on Karmic.
  So, there is certainly a work around.