We are sorry that we do not always have the capacity to review all
reported bugs in a timely manner. You reported this bug some time ago
and there have been many changes in Ubuntu since that time.

Ubuntu 14.10 (utopic) reached end-of-life on July 23, 2015.

Do you still see a problem related to the one that you reported in a
currently supported version of Ubuntu?

Please let us know if you do otherwise this bug report can be left to
expire in approximately 60 days time.

Thank you for helping make Ubuntu better.

Paul White
[Ubuntu Bug Squad]

** Changed in: gedit (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gedit in Ubuntu.

  Cannot use TAB to choose symbol from ibus-mozc in gedit
  3.10.4-0ubuntu6

Status in gedit package in Ubuntu:

  When ibus-mozc for Japanese input is installed and activated in gedit
  I cannot choose the symbols with TAB. Instead gedit just writes a TAB.
  Also with clicking on the symbol I cannot choose them.

  This way I cannot use gedit and ibus-mozc because I can just type
  Hiragana and Katakana but no Kanji.

  Choosing the symbols from the drop down list works in Firefox,
  LibreOffice Writer and the Gnome Terminal.

  This is why I think it is a bug in gedit.

  It used to work in Ubuntu 14.04. Just updated to Ubuntu 14.10. Did a
  clean installation i.e. formated the entire disk before installation.

  Release:      14.10

  gedit:
    Installed: 3.10.4-0ubuntu6
    Candidate: 3.10.4-0ubuntu6