Public bug reported:

Good day.  I an new to Ubuntu and run 9.04.  I set up a secure wireless
connection to the internet a few weeks ago, and entered the required
password for "unlock keyring",  which was the same as my logon PW. My
wireless hub has a separate hex PW.   Everytime I logon to my pc I'm
prompted for the "key ring" PW to enable my wireless connection - I find
this quite bothersome.

Recently I changed my logon password, however, the keyring application
does not accept my new password. I've tried deleting and reinstalling
the wireless network using my new password, however, I get dialog box
from  "unlock keyring" :

The application "nm-connection-editor" (/usr/bin/nm-connections-editor)
wants access to the default keyring, but it is locked.  It prompts for a
password, and it will not accept my new password, however, my old
password is accepted and the wireless connection to my internet hub is
completed.

I would be obliged for any help in getting the keyring application to
accept my new PW.    Many thanks,

** Affects: gnome-keyring (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-keyring in Ubuntu.

  keyring nightmare

Status in gnome-keyring package in Ubuntu: