Not need to go through debian actually, we can just release this for Ubuntu.
Or in any case you can contribute to salsa's version to get this in testing so
that it can be copied to ubuntu with version change later.

Packages, which is subscribed to gjs in Ubuntu.

  [regression] Much higher CPU during some gnome-shell operations

Status in gjs package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in gjs source package in Bionic:
  Triaged
Status in gjs source package in Cosmic:

  [Impact]

  Since fixing bug 1672297 in release 18.04 we experience much higher (almost
double) CPU usage during gnome-shell JavaScript operations, such as the icon
spring animation [1]. Even just moving the mouse is a little more expensive now
[2].
  [1] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-shell/issues/349
  [2] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutter/issues/283

  [Test Case]

  Use 'top' to measure the CPU usage of the gnome-shell process while
  tapping Super+A repeatedly. It should be much lower with the fix than
  without.

  [Regression Potential]

  Low. This particular fix is tiny
  (https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gjs/merge_requests/236) and has been
  released and used in a couple of upstream gjs versions already without
  issue.

  [Other Info]

  The fix is already released to 19.04 as part of gjs version 1.54.2-1.
  And already released to 18.10 as part of gjs version
  1.54.3-1~ubuntu18.10.1.