We are sorry that we do not always have the capacity to review all
reported bugs in a timely manner.

Ubuntu 12.04 (precise) reached end-of-life on April 28, 2017.

Do you still see a problem related to the one that you reported in a
currently supported version of Ubuntu? Please let us know if you do and
in which version of Ubuntu otherwise this report can be left to expire
in approximately 60 days time.

Thank you for helping make Ubuntu better.

Paul White
[Ubuntu Bug Squad]

** Changed in: gedit (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gedit in Ubuntu.

  package gedit 3.4.1-0ubuntu1 failed to install/upgrade: subprocess
  installed post-installation script returned error exit status 2

Status in gedit package in Ubuntu:

  There is no real problem for me, but the package manager is bothering
  about a problem.

  ProblemType: Package
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04
  Package: gedit 3.4.1-0ubuntu1
  Uname: Linux 3.2.0-31-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu13
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Wed Sep 26 17:59:29 2012
  DuplicateSignature:
   Setting up gedit (3.4.1-0ubuntu1) ...
   update-alternatives: error: /var/lib/dpkg/alternatives/gnome-text-editor
corrupt: line not terminated while trying to read status
   dpkg: error processing gedit (--configure):
    subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 2
  ErrorMessage: subprocess installed post-installation script returned error
exit status 2
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty Narwhal" - Release i386 (20110427.1)
  SourcePackage: gedit
  Title: package gedit 3.4.1-0ubuntu1 failed to install/upgrade: subprocess
installed post-installation script returned error exit status 2
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to precise on 2012-05-14 (135 days ago)