We are sorry that we do not always have the capacity to review all
reported bugs in a timely manner. You reported this bug some time ago
and there have been many changes in Ubuntu since that time.

Ubuntu 12.04 (precise) reached end-of-life on April 28, 2017.

Do you still see a problem related to the one that you reported in a
currently supported version of Ubuntu? Please let us know if you do and
in which version of Ubuntu otherwise this report can be left to expire
in approximately 60 days time.

Thank you for helping make Ubuntu better.

Paul White
[Ubuntu Bug Squad]

** Changed in: cheese (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to cheese in Ubuntu.

  Cheese doesn't start

Status in cheese package in Ubuntu:

  Hi,
  cheese does not start and gives me this error

  (cheese:4243): Gdk-WARNING **: The program 'cheese' received an X Window
System error.
  The error was 'BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)'.
    (Details: serial 178 error_code 2 request_code 131 minor_code 47)
     To debug your program, run it with the GDK_SYNCHRONIZE environment
     variable to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful

  What should I do?
  Thanks.

  Package: cheese 3.4.1-0ubuntu2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.8.0-29.42~precise1-generic 3.8.13.5
  Uname: Linux 3.8.0-29-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu17.4
  Architecture: i386