** Summary changed:

- Restoring on a fresh install does not find backup files
+ Restoring from new location does not find backup files

** Also affects: deja-dup (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to deja-dup in Ubuntu.

  Restoring from new location does not find backup files

Status in Déjà Dup:
  Fix Committed
Status in deja-dup package in Ubuntu:

  1. I back up my computer to my external hard drive
  2. I reinstall my new distro
  3. I install deja-dup and duplicity
  4. I open deja-dup, and select restore
  5. I select my external hard drive and the restore directory
  6. Deja-dup fails with "no backup found" message and creates a new backup
directory on the hard drive

  This indicated to me that deja dup ignored the restore directory I
  entered, and instead used the default directory, which did not exist,
  hence restore fails because the backend is told to look in the wrong
  place for the backup! This seems like more a user interface issue than
  an issue with the backup.

  Here is the workflow I had to use to restore my backup:

  1. Set storage location to "local folder" and then manually navigate to the
folder on my external hard drive. If I did not do this specifically, then
backup would fail. Selecting the external hard drive directly as the device and
entering the folder in the "folder" field also fails.
  2. Select restore and again use "local folder" and manually navigate to the
folder on my external hard drive. If I instead try to use the hard drive device
listed and enter the backup folder in the "folder" field, the restore also
fails.

  This issue occurs on both Ubuntu 18.04.1 and ElementaryOS Juno.

  lsb_release -d

  dpkg-query -W deja-dup duplicity
  deja-dup      37.1-2fakesync1
  duplicity     0.7.17-0ubuntu1

  gsettings list-recursively org.gnome.DejaDup > /tmp/deja-dup.gsettings
  cat /tmp/deja-dup.gsettings
  org.gnome.DejaDup last-restore '2018-11-23T01:39:44.556645Z'
  org.gnome.DejaDup periodic true
  org.gnome.DejaDup periodic-period 1
  org.gnome.DejaDup full-backup-period 90
  org.gnome.DejaDup backend 'local'
  org.gnome.DejaDup last-run '2018-11-23T01:39:44.556645Z'
  org.gnome.DejaDup nag-check ''
  org.gnome.DejaDup prompt-check '2018-11-22T12:34:36.095106Z'
  org.gnome.DejaDup root-prompt true
  org.gnome.DejaDup include-list ['$HOME']
  org.gnome.DejaDup exclude-list ['/home/ethan/.local/share/Trash']
  org.gnome.DejaDup last-backup ''
  org.gnome.DejaDup allow-metered false
  org.gnome.DejaDup delete-after 0
  org.gnome.DejaDup.Rackspace username ''
  org.gnome.DejaDup.Rackspace container 'ethan-laptop'
  org.gnome.DejaDup.S3 id ''
  org.gnome.DejaDup.S3 bucket ''
  org.gnome.DejaDup.S3 folder 'ethan-laptop'
  org.gnome.DejaDup.OpenStack authurl ''
  org.gnome.DejaDup.OpenStack tenant ''
  org.gnome.DejaDup.OpenStack username ''
  org.gnome.DejaDup.OpenStack container 'ethan-laptop'
  org.gnome.DejaDup.GCS id ''
  org.gnome.DejaDup.GCS bucket ''
  org.gnome.DejaDup.GCS folder 'ethan-laptop'
  org.gnome.DejaDup.Local folder '/media/ethan/porta_500gb/m1330'
  org.gnome.DejaDup.Remote uri ''
  org.gnome.DejaDup.Remote folder 'ethan-laptop'
  org.gnome.DejaDup.Drive uuid '1919a422-d154-4e19-b551-f74b56cf1f0e'
  org.gnome.DejaDup.Drive icon '. GThemedIcon drive-harddisk-usb drive-harddisk
drive'
  org.gnome.DejaDup.Drive folder 'm1330'
  org.gnome.DejaDup.Drive name 'porta_500gb'
  org.gnome.DejaDup.GOA id ''
  org.gnome.DejaDup.GOA folder 'ethan-laptop'
  org.gnome.DejaDup.GOA type 'google'
  org.gnome.DejaDup.File short-name ''
  org.gnome.DejaDup.File type 'normal'
  org.gnome.DejaDup.File migrated true