The issue should be resolved in newer versions, closing, feel free to
open a new bug if you still get problems though

** Changed in: nautilus (Ubuntu)

  List of network servers is not updated

Status in Nautilus:
  New
Status in acpi-support package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:

  When I restart my computers running Hardy Heron after hibernation or
  stand-by and select Places -> Network, I get a list of computers that
  was the current list when I last time rebooted the computer (I
  believe). It's at least not the list of computers currently on-line
  and it doesn't get update between reboots.

  When I browse my way through Windows Network -> Home (my workgroup) ->
  Computer X, I often get a blank window at first on all levels in the
  folder hierarchy. I have to try 2 - 4 times before I see the content
  of the next level. The same behavior is repeated all the way down to
  the windows showing the shares on a particular computer in the Windows
  workgroup. The computers in the Windows workgroup are a mix of Windows
  XP and Hardy Heron. No difference in behavior.

  The list of computers in the Windows workgroup seems to be a more
  current (but not always entirely current, see below) list of computers
  on-line and is usually thus not the same as the list of computers in
  the top level Network (Severs) window.

  Opening the Windows workgroup computers from a Windows XP machine does
  not require several tries to open the next level, regardless of if the
  computer runs Ubuntu or Windows.

  When I suspend an Ubuntu computer, the list of computers in the
  Workgroup folder is updated only after about 10 minutes in either
  Ubuntu or Windows and the update only shows when I reopen the window.
  Maybe a feature of the Windows workgroup implementation?

  In conclusion, there are three perspectives on this issue:

  #1:  The list of servers in the Network window / view is not updated
  as servers are added and others are taken off-line. If this is the
  intended behavior then let me suggest that it is confusing and not
  very helpful.

  #2: The same window / view is called "Network" under the Places menu
  but "Network Servers" in the Places left navigation bar of the file
  browser. As it looks now, a third name, "Networks and Network
  Servers", would perhaps be more appropriate as it is a mix of both
  types of objects. I would be quite happy with "Networks" (in plural)
  and I would prefer not to see (an outdated) list of servers on this
  level. What is the intention?

  #3: It often takes several tries on each level to drill down to the
  shared folders in the computers in the Windows workgroup. Eventually
  they seem to turn up but the behavior is not pretty. Again, this is
  after waking up from hibernation or stand-by. Once I've accessed all
  computers in the workgroup, they don't go away.

  I have the same behavior on two computers with very different hardware
  configurations, one wired and one wireless, both running Hardy Heron.
  Both have the latest updates.

  What I expect to happen is that I in the top-level Network (again, I'd
  prefer "Networks", in plural) window only see networks and no servers.
  When drilling down into the potentially several networks, I expect to
  see an updated list of servers that are all on-line when the Windows
  workgroup window is opened. And I expect this list be updated
  immediately when something happens on the network.

  Thanks,

  Arto Jarvinen, Vreta kloster, Sweden

  (Sorry about the attachment. It doesn't provide much value. I thought
  I could include three images but I don't find a way to do that.
  Neither don't I seem to be able to delete the attachment already
  attached.)