Bug did not expire due to assignment
No comments for over 9 years
Bug refers to GNOME 2 version of terminal
Closing as the report is now invalid

** Changed in: gnome-terminal (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-terminal in Ubuntu.

  Control-backslash gets transformed to <

Status in gnome-terminal package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: gnome-terminal

  I use Control-backslash as a shortcut in midnight commander and some people
use it to send a signal.
  After upgrade do Karmic this stopped working on my computer because now
ctrl+\ becomes <.
  Since the < character is available on most keyboards, there is usually no
need for extra way of entering it.
  Control+backslash is what is needed.
  I believe that this is a bug, because the keyboard layout that I use do not
translate ctrl+\ to <. In other words, the need for this translation would be
expressed as part of keyboard layout, not gnome-terminal-specific behavior.

  ProblemType: Bug
  Architecture: i386