The bug is years old without activity nor recent similar report, closing
as deprecate. You can open a new bug if that's still an issue though

** Changed in: nautilus (Ubuntu)

  Nautilus sftp freeze

Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  If something goes stuck on sftp transfer (or just directory load /
  refresh) nautlius may freeze hard.

  -On Ubuntu 12.04, the concerned directory windows freeze, and can be
  removed by ejecting the sftp mount. The related windows can't recover.
  This is not cool.

  -On Ubuntu 14.04.03 it is even worse: A frozen sftp freezes ALL
  nautilus windows, and if running gnome classic session, it even
  freezes the whole gnome-panel. This is just akward.

  I don't know where to blame this first, but this is definitely caused
  by several bad designs.

  -Nautilus should handle frozen sftp filesystems generously (timeouts,
  still respond to user while showing frozen state, eg darken the file
  list or something )

  -Nautilus should never freeze other windows except the ones concerned
  (was so in older nautlius as of Ubuntu 12.04)

  -gnome-panel should never freeze on nautlilus freeze.

  Sadly this was bad and got even worse... can we do the turn around?