Is this still an issue with Firefox 65.0, the currently supported
version?

** Changed in: firefox (Ubuntu)

   Firefox always show download "Failed" even if it downloads
  successfully

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:

  Firefox version:
    Installed: 58.0.2+build1-0ubuntu0.16.04.1
    Candidate: 58.0.2+build1-0ubuntu0.16.04.1
    Version table:
   *** 58.0.2+build1-0ubuntu0.16.04.1 500
          500 https://mirrors.tuna.tsinghua.edu.cn/ubuntu-ports
xenial-updates/main arm64 Packages
          500 https://mirrors.tuna.tsinghua.edu.cn/ubuntu-ports
xenial-security/main arm64 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
       45.0.2+build1-0ubuntu1 500
          500 https://mirrors.tuna.tsinghua.edu.cn/ubuntu-ports xenial/main
arm64 Packages

  Architecture:
  Arm64 (aarch64)

  Distro (lsb_release):
  Ubuntu xenial 16.04.4 LTS

  Desktop Environment:
  Xfce 4.12 and Mate 1.20

  Hardware:
  Samsung Chromebook plus with crouton (a Ubuntu Xenial chroot) installed.

  What I did:
  I want to download files in Firefox. Just open any website, click "Download"
link.

  Actual results:
  I can not see my downloading items on browser panel, it just says "No
downloads for this session". What's more, if I click  "Show all downloads", I
can see my downloading items whose status is "Failed". However, I can confirm
it's downloading background successfully, and the downloaded file appears on my
computer. I tried to remove my profile, say, the ".mozilla" folder, and
downloaded again, but nothing improved.

  Expected results:
  It should download successfully. I just downgrade my Firefox to 57.x,
everything is fine, and this downloading issue is gone.