[Testing on wayland, in case that matters.]

I downloaded a .deb file with Firefox, then opened it with "Ubuntu
Software Center", installed it, and then closed the dialog associated
with Ubuntu Software Center. Now, opening "Ubuntu Software Center" gets
me back to the dialog displaying details about the installed package,
and the "back" button in the upper left doesn't work.

Killing the gnome-software process and then relaunching the software
center gets me back to the software center's main screen. If I now click
on a package, the back button in the upper left works.

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-software in Ubuntu.

  software center stuck on Chrome package dialog

Status in gnome-software package in Ubuntu:

  I am running Ubuntu 18.10 with Wayland in a fresh VM. I configured the
  VM to use Wayland, downloaded Google Chrome from
  https://google.com/chrome, installed Chrome by opening the package
  with Ubuntu Software Center and pressing the install button, and
  closed Ubuntu Software Center. Now, when I open Ubuntu Software Center
  again, I see a dialog with title "google-chrome-stable" (the package
  name) and some information about the package. The dialog has something
  that looks like a "back" button in the top-left corner, but clicking
  it does nothing.

  Package: gnome-software 3.30.2-0ubuntu5
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Sat Feb 16 22:35:53 2019
  ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/gnome-software
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.10 "Cosmic Cuttlefish" - Release amd64
(20181017.3)
  InstalledPlugins:
   gnome-software-plugin-flatpak N/A
   gnome-software-plugin-limba   N/A
   gnome-software-plugin-snap    3.30.2-0ubuntu5
  SourcePackage: gnome-software