Public bug reported:

I've noticed that Ubuntu installer ignores explicitly selected /boot/efi
partition. I have 2 ssd drives: the first one is nvme (/dev/nvme0n1) the second
one is sata (/dev/sda), both have their EFI partitions for multiboot purposes.
During the installation process the installer generates fstab with
/dev/nvme0n1p1 as /boot/efi despite the fact that the partition chosen for this
mount point was /dev/sda1. Device for bootloader installation was /dev/sda.
Moreover, /dev/nvme0n1p1 was even marked as "do not use this partition", but
anyway it got put in requisition.
Moving bootloader files (grubx64.efi,etc) to initially desired location,
editing fstab correspondingly, remounting partitions and re-installation of
grub helps but these actions are not user-friendly and the situation itself is
not good at all.
This issue affects Ubuntu 18.04 onwards (18.10 and 19.04 too).

$ lsb_release -rd
Release:        19.04

** Affects: ubiquity (Ubuntu)

** Package changed: ibus-anthy (Ubuntu) => ubiquity (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to ibus-anthy in Ubuntu.

  iThe installer ignores deliberately selected /boot/efi partition

Status in ubiquity package in Ubuntu: