** Changed in: xdg-utils

Packages, which is subscribed to xdg-utils in Ubuntu.

  xdg-email fails to attach filesnames with a comma "," to thunderbird

Status in Xdg-utils:
  New
Status in xdg-utils package in Ubuntu:

  When attaching a file to Thunderbird using xdg-email, it passes the
  full path to Thunderbird, as possible with TB3+. However, the syntax
  of TB uses the comma "," as filename separator. If a filename already
  contains a comma, Thunderbird will not find it and fails to attach it.

  This could probably be fixed in Thunderbird, but would require them to
  change their command line syntax which is a big change. A different
  solution is to change from the "full path" syntax to "file://<path>"
  using a full URL-encodeing?

  Example: the file is located at "/home/someuser/file, name.txt"

  Calling xdg-email with "xdg-email --attach '/home/someuser/file,
  name.txt'" will produce (XDG_UTILS_DEBUG_LEVEL=1)

  /usr/lib/thunderbird/thunderbird.sh -compose
  "attachment='/home/someuser/file, name.txt'"

  And Thunderbird expects two files now, one "/home/someuser/file" and
  the other "name.txt". Instead

  /usr/lib/thunderbird/thunderbird.sh -compose
  "attachment='file///home/someuser/file%2C%20name.txt'"

  works.

  As it turned out, not much needs to be changed. I created a crude
  patch to change from "file name scheme" to "uri scheme" against the
  version below with (for me) solves the issue. Note that I'm not a bash
  expert, so the solution might give room for improvement.

  Some information:
  >apt policy xdg-utils
  xdg-utils:
    Installiert:           1.1.2-1ubuntu2.3
    Installationskandidat: 1.1.2-1ubuntu2.3

  lsb_release will list Linux Mint Tess (19.1), upstream based on Ubuntu
  Bionic (hence the bug reported here)