** Bug watch added: gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-software/issues #644
   https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-software/issues/644

** Also affects: gnome-software via
   https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-software/issues/644

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-software in Ubuntu.

  Please Include Package Names

Status in GNOME Software:
  Unknown
Status in gnome-software package in Ubuntu:

  Gnome-Software does not include a software package's name in the
  details section of each software it catalogs and I want this to be
  added for the following reasons.

  1) When submitting bug reports and feature requests, it is necessary
  to know the package name. When I use gnome-software to install a piece
  of software, I expect to be able to go back to gnome-software to
  discover software's package name. Since it doesn't include this
  pertinent detail, I'm having to use a number of command to discover
  it.

  2) Although I use gnome-software to discover available software, I
  always like to collect that software's package name, so I can add to
  my "sudo apt install" list, so that when I set up my computer from
  scratch, I can use one command to reinstall all the software packages
  I've installed previously.

  These are my two reason, but I'm sure others have more. The bottom
  line is, the package name is a very pertinent piece of information
  that gnome-software should include in the details section of each
  software it catalogs. Look at what is in the details section right
  now. Hardly any of those details are anything I'll ever be interested
  in, but the package name is VERY pertinent to me.

  Please add this.

  Package: gnome-software 3.30.6-2ubuntu3
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Sun Apr 21 05:03:55 2019
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS "Xenial Xerus" - Release amd64
(20180731)
  InstalledPlugins:
   gnome-software-plugin-flatpak N/A
   gnome-software-plugin-snap    3.30.6-2ubuntu3
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: gnome-software
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to disco on 2019-04-21 (0 days ago)