I have the same issue (ubuntu 18.04, fresh install) and it seems to be related
to my second screen too.
I've taken multiple screenshots from my 2nd screen and all had this pink layer.
Then I started "googling" to find similar issues and read this bug report (and
Raph comment) : I took a new screenshot using the other screen (tagged #1 /
secondary screen in configuration) and pink layer was gone.
I tested several times and it's a real workaround.

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-screenshot in Ubuntu.

  Pink layer on taken screenshots (gnome-screenshot)

Status in gnome-flashback package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in gnome-screenshot package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in gnome-utils package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: gnome-utils

  After having taken a screenshot of a part of my screen (gnome-
  screenshot) which is marked/shown by a pink layer, this pink layer can
  be seen on the screenshot itself.

  Package: gnome-screenshot 2.32.0-0ubuntu4